Steve Calvert, an independent consultant and speaker through his company New Life Skills, currently serves as Assistant Chief of Chaplaincy Services for the Coppell Fire Department.
Because of his training and varied career experience, including serving as a firefighter, EMT, rescue worker, and Chaplain for more than 30 years, Steve brings the perfect blend of expertise, experience, love of ministry, and passion for the Fire Service to this new initiative.
Steve’s education and career path include:
- AA degree in Communication, Florida College
- BA in Psychology/Sociology, University of Alabama
- Regional Learning Manager, Flextronics International
- HR Director for Design Solutions, Inc.
- HR Director for Resources for Living (Behavioral health industry).
- Human Resources Behavioral Consultant (via Leadership Institute of America)
- Human Resources Management (via Institute of Applied Management and Law)
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Administrator
- “Uniquely You” DISC personality system Administrator (Presented throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia and Africa, to churches as well as government, corporate, and educational entities)
Steve is currently deeply immersed in the fire industry as:
- Instructor, International Federation of Fire Chaplains
- President, Texas Corps of Fire Chaplains
- Texas Line of Duty Death Task Force
- Critical Incident Stress Management certified
Steve and his wife Gina have been married for 37 years. They have three grown children: Katrina, Danica, and Jared, and a soon-to-be son-in-law, Sam. Steve loves hunting, fishing, backpacking and playing music in live venues…especially Bluegrass.
This seems like a wonderful endeavor. You and Gina and family are in my prayers. Wendy and I will be happy to provide some support as we can, though it’s a real stretch for us at the moment. Just wanted to let you know that I’ve been to this website and will be thinking about you as you launch this effort. Blessings,
David (and Wendy) Bell